That the collaborative robotics has brought industrial automation to a level never reached before, it is now clear for everyone to see.
The robotic arm of a Cobot (Collaborative Robot), appropriately equipped with different terminals depending on the situations, can in fact carry out various types of tasks and, among these, the welding.
And we are not just talking about one of the many operations that a cobot can carry out in perfect autonomy, mind you, but about the one that is being consolidated among the most popular applications for collaborative robots, second only to movement of goods.
This is because cobots are increasing flexibility, efficiency and versatility of these processes, ensuring the ability to manage and optimize higher workflows.
Furthermore, by relieving the human operators from these repetitive and often dangerous operations, improve the job security and enhance the use of the latter for higher value tasks.
In full compliance with the principles of the new Industry 5.0.
Collaborative robots, moreover, are capable of carrying out and managing welding operations of all kinds, improving the precision, safety and efficiency of welding processes in various industrial sectors.
Why entrust welding to Cobots
In the field of welding, the attention paid to repeatability and to precision is of crucial importance.
In production chains characterized by high volumes, ensure that each product stands out for its maximum quality constitutes a fundamental pillar for customer satisfaction, together with the protection of safety of human employees..
Although welding requires high level skills when performed by human operators, in fact, the repetitive, potentially risky and physically demanding nature of the operation cannot be ignored.
The errors, during the welding processes, can compromise the quality of the products, generating waste and additional charges, but they can also put the safety and security of operators at risk.
L'welding automation through cobots It therefore offers a solution capable of guaranteeing constant levels of quality and safety, regardless of the amount of work.
Collaborative robots are capable of performing and managing welding operations of all kinds: arc, laser, ultrasonic, brazed, TIG, MIG, plasma and spot.
This flexibility is given by the possibility of interchange tools of the robotic arm based on needs, but also on the possibility of reprogram the cobot in a very simple way to quickly adapt it to carrying out new tasks.
Furthermore, inserting cobots into your company production lines allows you to make up for the shortage of skilled labor, not to mention the advantages in terms of productivity and economic return.
The economic advantages of automating welding
Using cobots to automate welding can provide a ROI even in less than a year.
The first reason is that these robots are relatively simple to use and do not require security infrastructure or evenenvironmental enrichment typical of traditional robot implementation.
And because they can increase productivity without the need for additional staff, cobots are value generators rather than cost centers.
The use of cobots for welding in fact translates into reduction of cycle times and in theoptimization of resource use, contributing to the efficiency of the production process.
Additionally, some cobots are equipped with systems data monitoring and analysis, which allow us to collect information on the quality of the welds and continuously improve the processes.
Cobots perform welds with one constant precision, ensuring uniform quality of the finished products. This reduces the likelihood of defects or variations in the welded joints, increasing the customer satisfaction And reducing costs associated with complaints and returns.
For all these reasons, even if the initial purchase and implementation of cobots involves an investment, over time this cost can be amortized thanks to savings achieved through increased productivity, reduction of waste and costs associated with safety and quality.
Cobot vs Traditional Robotics for Welding
There welding performed by a cobot it basically follows a process similar to that performed by a traditional industrial robot. However, as we have already mentioned above, they are there huge differences in the implementation of these two technologies.
First of all, the question related toenvironmental enrichment and the enormous spaces occupied by traditional robots compared to cobots.
The latter are in fact designed to be small in size and to be also adaptable to small business contexts.
Secondly, there are the costs, which are very different between the two types of solutions and with a clear saving relative to the choice of collaborative robots.
But above all, there are some key differences with respect to the entire implementation of the cobots and the operational execution of the welding.
In the order:
- Programming and configuration: Before performing any welding operation, the cobot must be programmed and configured. Programming can occur through intuitive user interfaces, such as touchscreens or visual programming software. At this stage, the welding parameters, the sequence of robot movements and other details necessary to perform the operation are defined.
- Environment recognition: Cobots are equipped with sensors and sensing systems that allow them to recognize their surroundings. This is important to avoid collisions with nearby objects, equipment or people.
- Collaboration with operators: While performing welding, the cobot works in collaboration with human operators. This means that the cobot can perform part or all of the welding operation, while operators can perform other related tasks, such as material preparation or quality control.
- Safety: Safety is a key priority for collaborative cobots. They are equipped with advanced safety systems, such as contact detection sensors, force sensors and vision systems, which allow them to detect the presence of human operators nearby and to immediately reduce speed or stop completely in the event of any dangerous situations.
- Carrying out the welding: Once the cobot is programmed and the area has been made safe, the welding process begins. The cobot will follow the programming instructions to accurately position the welding nozzle, adjust welding parameters (such as current, voltage and welding speed), and complete the welding joints according to the specified drawing.
- Quality control: Some cobots are equipped with vision systems or control sensors that allow you to check the quality of weld joints in real time. This helps ensure that welds are performed correctly and that the finished product meets the required quality standards.
- Monitoring and optimization: Data collected during the welding process can be used for performance monitoring and optimization. This data can be analyzed to identify possible improvements in welding processes and cobot programming.
TOD System's revolutionary solution for welding
At TOD System we strive every day to design and create the best solutions dedicated to the automation of business processes.
And it was born right from our Research and Development department todrobot TR1, the solution designed to provide answers to every operational need, and to consolidate itself as a indispensable partner to relieve human employees from repetitive, heavy, dangerous or requiring operations superior execution precision.
Among these there is certainly welding, which todrobot TR1 it can perform perfectly and in maximum safety, thanks to its advanced vision system and its sensors that allow it to perfectly recognize the surrounding environment.
todrobot TR1 and also light and with a small footprint compared to other types of traditional robots. This means it's easier to integrate into existing workflows and production lines without taking up too much valuable space.
Another important peculiarity lies in its modularity.
Our solution can in fact be implemented in both versions mobile, capable of moving independently from one location to another, both in the form of robotic island fixed.
In this second case, todrobot TR1 thanks to its low weight it can be easily moved and repositioned according to current operational needs, further reducing its cost.
Thanks to the collaboration with the best manufacturers on the market, our solution fits UR collaborative arms with high potential and is equipped with welding torches first rate
The huge one versatility, however, is guaranteed by a management software capable of integrating our solution in every industrial context and to coordinate the most advanced technologies for carrying out activities.
In short, todrobot TR1 and the definitive solution for every business need and for all types of companies. It seems impossible? Instead it is already a reality.
Contact us to learn more about our revolutionary project and all the solutions we can offer.